Monday, August 27, 2012

Of Love

Hey there! This is just something that's been swimming in my mind the last couple weeks. :) It's a little different than my usual posts, but as I've been watching some love stories unfold lately, I've been deeply inspired by the beauty of hearts coming together in the midst of this crazy, broken world. I've also been reminded of my Creator Love and how every amorous gaze and tender word are expressions of the Spirit and relationship that we are derived from. All the types of love that overtake us and animate our lives are reflections of the gorgeous Image we were created after. It has been something I have really been challenged by lately, to let Love be not just an action, an attitude, or an emotion, but an identity for me. Anyway, enjoy :)

Love

Steals suddenly upon me quite
Like dark steals upon us at time of night.
As a blushing sunrise like a timid smile spreads
On dewey grass and flowered beds.

A pet I know not how to keep;
A small hope born, now swallows me.
An infectious plight I can’t (won’t) repel;
Joy and pain in ambient swells.

Though unearthly, it seems tangible now
In soft caresses and spoken vows.
I want and fear it in equal measure,
Without it, Day's devoid of light and pleasure.

This crazy, unreasonable emotion
Wrecks my thoughts with static commotion,
But this buzz, this hum of heart strings strumming
Is just tremors of the flood that’s coming.

For love is an elephant if it is a fly
And cannot content itself to just steal by.
With the force of a soup-like foggy haze,
Love comes up softly, but stays with a blaze.




No comments:

Post a Comment